Monday, May 30, 2011

Whistle Podu :D

5.00 PM - Hectic neck to neck driving on P.H road, racing towards the MAC stadium, Chepauk. I still remember the colorful curses from Sandeep Kumar about Chennai's traffic. Lol :) I did warn you dude !

6.15 PM - Waiting to collect tickets

6.45 PM - Calling a poor soul repeatedly who was trying to attend to nature's call :D
. Excellent timing !

7.00 PM - Frantic drive around looking for a parking spot


7.30 PM - After a brief tussle with the parking attendant, race toward Gate 14


7.45 PM - Past security check, change into the SUPER KINGS yellow jersey


8.00 PM - IPL FINAL - CSK Vs RCB


Being my first time in a stadium, having heard people tell me its fun, I was least prepared for the mindblowing experience it was. 95 % of the crowd in the Super Kings yellow; A few sad souls in the RCB red. I do appreciate the nerve it took them to come and support that team, when they knew what a huge opposition they were up against.

Toss won, batting chosen and the War was on ! And what a match it was. Every time there was a
boundary made, they played the Super Kings anthem and we jumped off our seats to dance and cheer. But it looked like we were off our seats most of the time. Every other ball was hit for a six or four. And 205 in 20 overs.. WOW! RCB couldn't reach it with a yardstick. I had prepared myself for a good enough fight from CSK, but the team made it one helluva match, which I would've cursed myself for missing..Had I not been there.

Thanks once again to Sandeep, Nakul and Arun and also to Dharani, Karthik, Arun, Sandeep Balaji, Divya, Mahesh and Karthik. Once again, it was a memory that would be carved into my very soul. It wouldn't have been that much fun without you guys !! I haven't danced that much, that too in public, in such a long time.


Singing happy birthday for Hussey and him waving us kisses, watching Pomersback's spectacular backside,(Good package on a whole, but that was all we could see), the Vodafone zoozoo's antics, dancing for the whistle podu song along with Keerthi and Gang( I'
m louving it !) the guy running across the gallery screaming RCB ! RCB! and the crowd catching him when he tried to retreat quietly(He begged to let him go, saying sorry ! Finally, he was let go with a warning !) I know it sounds serious, but it was all in good humor. I was delirious from the feeling of togetherness that was emanating from every single supporter there. Way to go CSK ! You've earned it and I have to say it is well deserved. Once again, Dhoni gives this match his touch. He made me his ardent fan overnight(I liked him before, but World cup sealed the deal for me), and he kept his promise this time too :). Whatte man !

The highlight was watching Morkel, Bravo and Bollinger do the Madras kuthu while doing rounds after winning the match. The Chennai Influence :) I guess ! The fireworks just didn't stop and it was so hard to tear ourselves away from there.
On a whole, one helluva match, one fantastic day, another nostalgic moment to add to my list of memories :)

Adhuku oru whistle podanum :)

                                

No comments:

Don't try!

Something I read that has come to mean a lot to me when I look back and connect the dots now.  Trying. It has been my life’s lesson....