Mercilessly crowded. That’s what I could say about this event I went to. I believe it is meant for you to be able to get anything you want to put together a home, right from carpets, to calendars, to wall hangings to bedspreads to even furniture and swings. My mother is an enthusiast in this area and likes to go on shopping binges like this. To sate her interest, we ended up there in the worst timing that I could call it, last Sunday evening.
The place is a maze. The minute you step in, the only way you get out is to go through the whole thing, every single stall. Made the first mistake of buying a very beautiful (I considered it a smart choice, at that moment!) silk bedspread, which I later clobbered myself for, as it turned out to be a dead weight. I ended up lugging the heavy thing around, the whole time. And once I bought it and I decided I had enough, the problem was the escape route.
I wanted out, but there seemed to be none. I was reduced to the extent of telling people to bugger off so I could get myself out and some fresh air and much needed, WATER!!
Reminds me of the instance of mom and me getting stuck in between the wave of people that sweep into Tirupathi, for the darshan at the end and my mom getting almost choked to death. I swore to myself that I will never go to that place again.
As much as I enjoy shopping like this, I guess the best time would be on a weekday in the afternoon. Should probably take the day off, just for this… Sounds silly yes, but unfortunately, that is the case…
No comments:
Post a Comment