The recent trend of movies, possibly because of the multiplex problem has taken a very sorry state. An ardent fan of feature films, I am the kind that enjoys the good ones, to the crappy ones all the same. But there is also a limit to how much crappy I can take.Four movies in a row, each competing with the other on the level of crappiness, I reached a point where I was just about to give up the habit.
It started with Ananda Thandavam. A story by Sujatha (one of my favorite film writers, though I have read his written works very sparsely), I expected some justice done to the story and I was sorely disappointed. Then came Sarvam. Extremely good looking Arya and Trisha are the only highlights. Good movies from the director of Sarvam(Vishnu Vardhan), led me to believe on this one. Again a huge disappointment. Then came Pasanga. All the rave reviews and people telling me the movie was good, I decided to bite the bullet one more time. Took my mom and my brother's mother-in-law, the only solace was that I had company during the three hour torture.
Finally I banked upon Hollywood (since I thought Kollywood had gone to the dogs) would do some justice to movies, I walked into to Watchmen, but Oh my God ! So bored was I in the movie, I could’ve killed myself.
Angels and Demons! I am an avid reader too and walked into this movie with much skepticism, but surprise of surprises, it did turn out to be pretty ok. After a string of extremely sad ones, this was a welcome relief…
For the good of the entire movie going population, I do hope that the people who make movies, actually consider whether it will kill people of boredom, before they actually release it.
No comments:
Post a Comment