Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sweet Torture !!!

I remember reading Paroma and Dev's posts. So much meaning to it... So true guys.. Moms are the best as always. But just like friends whom we tend to miss after they leave but fight with all our mights while they are with us... Moms can be exasperating... A lot of times..

Call it second childhood or senility... but to act like a stubborn child, none better than my mother to do the impersonation and at times, I feel like a mom to her. Its like we switch roles...

Be it small things, which she starts to sulk for, or blow out of proportion, or big things which all of a sudden seem mighty funny to her, that makes you wanna scream, " I am serious !!!! Will you please listen ?"... They turn into total children... As much as I enjoy and laugh along with her during her tantrums, it would be a gross injustice if I didn't mention that it does get on my nerves sometimes.

You feel sad for her, deteriorating health-wise. And you want to help her... But when she throws such a tantrum regarding something, that makes you wanna say, "Ok ! You know what... I guess I don't have to do this at all. Guess you have everything under control after all... ". Asking me to do things, and then doing them herself, because I didn't jump up the very moment the order was uttered and sprint to finish the job. Just because, I am tired myself and had just put my legs up, and sat as comfortably as possible after a long day...

Mothers ! As much as they are exciting, they are exasperating, at times !

But at the end, We can't live without them either, can we? I sure can't !!

No comments:

Don't try!

Something I read that has come to mean a lot to me when I look back and connect the dots now.  Trying. It has been my life’s lesson....