Friday, November 16, 2007

Chak De ! India

In-Di-A !!

Three syllables, which is an integral part of every Indian. Very few I have seen, feel proud of it. I know as a country, we have our own downsides. But hey ! its my country anyway. And I love it.


And of late, A movie that came back to reinforce that spirit in me, was Chak De ! India. The movie left an urge in me to move my mighty butt(forgive my language !) out of my seat and do something. Life is a lot more than work, lazing around, TV and books. I regret not having continued playing Hockey and Basketball, which I learnt in school. I regret not having continued the dancing that I used to do at one point. To let go of a talent, which could have done wonders to you. Besides that, I have always been a die hard Sharukh fan. Though his Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, failed to impress me, I have been waiting since, for a Good Sharukh Khan entertainer. And this time, Sharukh has outdone himself again. Kabir Khan down to his toes. A very casual, decently underplayed, wonderfully done character.
Another character in the movie that impressed me, was Bindiya Naik( I don't know her real name tho'..). Attitude in every nerve, even when she turns back and becomes the girl she is, it isn't too offensive to watch. Every character in the movie is well etched. Every character stands for a reason and the whole set, makes the movie as it is.

After Rang De Basanti, which left a deep welt in everyone's heart in India, including mine, Chak De ! has breezed through and won all our hearts again !! Even my mom, who doesn't get Hindi
all that much, enjoyed it thoroughly. I was laughing at her enthusiasm, when she went GOAL!!! whenever there was one made in the movie.

A movie well made ! Hats off to Sharukh, the girls and the crew !!


Chak DE !! India

No comments:

Don't try!

Something I read that has come to mean a lot to me when I look back and connect the dots now.  Trying. It has been my life’s lesson....