Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Touching Tunes

The tunes that have started coming up in Indian movies have definitely become different. Gone seem to be the times, when music from movies was nothing but a lot of noise. Except for a few geniuses like Ilayaraja and A.R. Rahman, the rest of the music sounded like gibberish.

But some of the songs of recent times, I have noticed, don’t just sound good but imbibe themselves into your system. A few good examples are Pogaadhe from the Tamil movie Deepavali, Pesugiren from the Tamil Movie Satham Podadhey and Saiyaan Ve from the Hindi Movie Tara Rum Pum. You can’t call these songs essentially Pathos. But these rhythms have such a soul in it, that they attach themselves to yours.

These songs have become a part of my daily routine and just humming them along…makes me feel better.

Try them. Maybe you will feel the same way too !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A few additions to the long list of songs are Unakkul naaney, a beautiful song from Pachaikili Muthucharam and Minnalgal Koothadum from the movie pollathavan are some songs that ring a bell in your heart.....

Uma said...

Hey Vajid,

Thanks for the comment. I have listened to Unakkul Naaney ..but hasnt impressed me as much and the second number I haven't listened to. Will make it a point to. Thanks anyways :)

Don't try!

Something I read that has come to mean a lot to me when I look back and connect the dots now.  Trying. It has been my life’s lesson....