Well the city I live in, is Chennai. It is one of the metropolitans of South India. One visit here would prove to you, how much big city-ish it is.Lets start with the dirt. The garbage and the stink have conquered this place. The basket that people keep trying to make while lobbing that pile of trash across the street has almost always been a MISS. And the stink that arises..mmm even pigs would lose.
And now dont get me started on the people who spit. Sometimes, it makes me so wild, that all I wana do is grab a gun and shoot them in the head. Well but I love my life and I sure wouldnt wana be in jail for the rest of it. You could just try hopping across one such spot and there are 100 percent chances that you would land on another one.
Hey now dont think I am a cleanliness freak or anything. Nah ! According to me, Cleanliness is next to Impossible. But still they are so many other things. Like the crowd that you find wherever you go. The temple..crowded, the Coffee shop..crowded, the Beach..crowded, the loos ??!!..still crowded. I mean there are people EVERYWHERE. And imagine with all these people swarming all over the place, the number of vehicles that run around the city carrying them ?? The dust, the pollution, the never ending heat, the sweat..Its such an irresistable combo.
But....I tried you know..I tried really hard. Really really hard. To stop loving this place so much. Tried so much that I even moved to a different place for college. But nah ah ! I was back every weekend. Couldnt stand being anywhere else. Yea I know you people might be thinking, hey whats so special about this place anyways huh?? Maybe not for you..but it is for me. So much that I am still considering going to a place that is called Paradise on Earth(OH! I am talking about America by the way..and there are A Lot of people close to me, who think I am a FREAK for not going...but hey !). You know zooming around in the traffic and the heat and the dirt in a bike, avoiding the near collisions, running to the movie theater early to get a ticket and returning empty handed, going more earlier the next time and trying harder to get the ticket, getting to go after trying so hard to get the ticket and ending up plugging your ears coz of the noise and the racket the fans make seeing their favorites on screen. Every one of these small things are so endearing and bring such an insurmountable happiness to me that is always inexplainable. It just means so much to me ! So much !!
And the people here are such a variety.Some stylish, some somber, some conservative, some loud, some rude and still some people so nice. And you will still like them. Just take your pick..find your kind and I am pretty sure..you will love them. I do !
Well I guess I am living the Indian dream here and I pretty much love it !! To me..this is HEAVEN !!
Forget Paradise !!
4 comments:
well well ..dont know if u still remember me...I was in ur batch @ next..
U have started a blog ..ii had one never updated it after a month or so...wishing u luck in carrying this forward.. so do u still work @ Sutherland
No Saijo and yes I do remember you. Been mailing you at your old address a lot. But I dont think you use it anymore, coz u never reply. Anyways my email is spicelove2@sify.com. Hoping to see your mail and no I am not in Suth now.
Hey vethu vaettu,
At first, when u started to bitch about our city, i got pissed...but later, as u brought the positives in, i started liking ur thoughts.
I just like to say:There's nothing like HOME!!
Keep in touch
Mahendra(from orkut)
Thanks Mahendra.
I believe..therez no city like Chennai..None at all..
THis place IS home and will always be !
Post a Comment